Tuesday, 16 August 2016

Review: Folkington's Presses

This time of year is when I want something thirst-quenching but with flavour, that’s refreshing but won’t leave me even thirstier than how I began.

Photo:  Word In Veg Ways

So when I saw Folkington’s Gently Sparkling Presse range, I liked their flavour combinations and the fact it presents itself brand-wise as having ‘natural’ ingredients rather than being packed with additives.


Photo:  Word In Veg Ways

Their Lemon & Mint flavour is certainly dominated by the Sicilian lemons within and gives a strong citrusy punch right at the last gulp.  Sharing it out amongst a couple of us, we all agreed, this flavour was definitely very refreshing, it was lovely.

The Elderflower Presse version was very pleasant and although refreshing too, the flavour wasn’t as strong as the lemon & mint one.  But quintessential British nevertheless.


Photo:  c/o Folkington's

When I was ready to try the Rhubarb & Apple one, I found it had disappeared from the fridge as My Carnivorous Husband had already drank it, so I can’t comment on its taste personally.  However, he said it was very palatable with a subtle hint of sweetness.

These are great as standalone drinks but would also work beautifully as a mixer, especially with a good vodka or in a jug of Pimms!  Very much a ‘summer drink’.

I would definitely have them again and I might even get to try the Rhubarb & Apple one next time!!!

Take a look here for stockists and for recipe suggestions whilst the summer is still with us!

~~~

Disclosure:    This post has been written following receipt of samples from Folkingtons.  This review was conducted honestly without bias and I was not required to produce a positive review.  For further details of my PR policy, please see the Press, PR & Food Writing page of this website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment