|Photo: c/o Jarlsberg|
|Vegetarian Reuben Sandwich - Opened|
|Slices of Jarlsberg|
|Vegetarian Reuben Sandwich|
4 Slices of Rye Bread
2 slices of Jarlsberg Cheese
2 tablespoons of Sauerkraut (from a jar)
4 slices of Pickled Gherkin (from a jar)
Slither of Tomato Ketchup & Horseradish Sauce
Oil for frying
- Cook the meat-free beef steaks as per packet instructions.
- Heat a splash of oil in a griddle frying pan and place the bread slices in the pan so that they gain griddle marks – taking care not to burn them.
- Griddle them for a minute or so on both sides.
- Take the bread out of the pan and place on a plate once done.
- Place the sauerkraut in the frying pan for 30 seconds or so, turning it occasionally, so that any excess water can be evaporated and then turn the heat off.
- When the meat-free beef steaks are ready, place a slither of tomato ketchup and horseradish on top of each steak.
- Put a Jarlsberg cheese slice on top of each steak and place under a hot grill so that they melt very slightly (a few seconds only) and then remove them.
- Put a meat-free beef steak with Jarlsberg cheese on top of 2 of the slices of rye bread.
- Then add half of the sauerkraut, plus 2 gherkin slices on top of each sandwich and then the final slice of bread.
- Cut in half and enjoy with gusto!
Disclosure: This post has been written following receipt of complementary samples of Jarlsberg Cheese. This review was conducted honestly without bias and I was not required to produce a positive review. For further details of my PR policy, please see the Press, PR & Food Writing page of this website.