Monday, 18 January 2016

Gratitute for Modern Day Vegetarianism Article in Express & Star


At times, I’m sure most vegetarians like me think “things could be better/easier/more convenient” when shopping or dining out. 

Back In Time For Dinner Picture
Source:  Betterware
But last year, I watched the BBC2 programme ‘Back In Time For Dinner’ where a modern day family were transported back to the 1950’s/60’s/70’s/80’s/90’s to live and eat how people did in those decades and to compare the differences to today.
I think some things historically were more positive, things such as the observation of seasonal eating and the ritual of eating together as a family was more prominent, but from a vegetarian’s point of view, there didn’t seem to be much evidence of being able to support a veggie lifestyle, certainly not in the 1950’s or 1960’s at least. 

So, should we be grateful for today’s circumstances in comparison?


I wrote an article for Midlands’ publication Express & Star about my thoughts on this topic and subsequently, it was also circulated on social media by The Vegetarian Society.


I hope you find of interest too and if you’d like to get in touch, I’d love to hear of your thoughts on this subject.
To read the article:  Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment