Saturday, 7 February 2015

Frying Pan Review Ahead of Shrove Tuesday


With Shrove Tuesday on the horizon, thoughts turn to pancake making.  I’ve always been of the mind-set that good quality ingredients are the key and yes they are, but I’ve never really given that much thought to the frying pan – as long as I’ve got one, then great.

Well, I’m now on a different train of thought.

Having been sent a House of Fraser Linea branded frying pan to trial, I am now converted to the mantra of “it is all about the pan”.
 
The Linea Cast Aluminium Frying pan comes in attractive red cast aluminium, is 24cm in diameter, has a non-stick coating, suitable for the dishwasher and all hob types (including induction) and comes with a lifetime guarantee.  NB:  Not microwave or oven safe.  Retail price:  £40.00.
The bottom of the Linea Cast Aluminium Fry Pan


To complete the trial, I decided to use a favourite pancake recipe of mine from Yotam Ottolenghi’s ‘Plenty’ book – Green Pancakes with Lime Butter.
 
 
Ottolenghi's Green Pancake


The oil in the pan heated very quickly and cooked the batter evenly, speedily, without any awkward scraping needed and the pancake glided as I moved it around the pan and it kept its shape beautifully.
 
 
 
Inside of the frying pan
 

It is quite heavy (as you would expect from it being aluminium), but that emphasises its quality and is yet still easy to use.  The handle is solid rubber and makes for a good grip.  The non-stick coating does its job well and makes pancake production and general frying really easy.
 
 
Frying Pan Handle




It does require following the special cleaning instructions issued, but it is worth adhering to them to protect the pan.

Personally, I am totally converted to using this pan going forward for frying and I can see the validity in investing and spending a little extra to gain much more.  Although I have a good set of pans at home already, a good frying pan is definitely worth its weight in gold and the process of frying (especially pancakes) has been made all the more easier.  
The Linea Cast Aluminium Frying pan is a welcomed addition to my kitchen kit cupboard.

What would you make in your frying pan?

~~~


Product link:   Linea Cast Aluminium Frypan

Disclosure:    This post has been written following receipt of a Linea Cast Aluminium Frying Pan from House of Fraser.  This review was conducted honestly without bias and I was not required to produce a positive review.  For further details of my PR policy, please see the Press, PR & Food Writing page of this website. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment