Sunday, 2 November 2014

Provamel Zero Sugar Soya Yoghurt

Provamel Zero Sugar Soya Yoghurt with Breakfast





Approached by the team at Provamel recently, I was asked to sample their new Zero Sugar Soya Yoghurt which has launched this autumn.

The range is the first ever zero-sugar, organic plant-based alternative to yoghurt.  Its status as having zero-sugar comes from using an adapted version of Provamel’s normal production process which, after fermentation, leaves not even the smallest grain of sugar, hence it has a sugar level of 0g.  For those that have need to have a little sweetness though, there is an agave syrup version.  
 
A little more about both products - they are organically grown, sustainably produced and ethically sourced, are 100% plant-based, organic and dairy free.  Their production processes are CO2 neutral, with ingredients being sourced at the point of where they grow naturally. 
 
As yoghurt fans, my mother and I sampled the plain Zero Sugar version with an element of curiosity.  Appearance-wise, the yoghurt is off-white in colour (compared to its natural style yoghurt competitors) and although it is quite creamy, it is equally quite pourable.  Taste-wise, I could tell that the sugar had been omitted and I found I had to add a sugary component to satisfy my tastebuds.  Once I had added either a little pomegranate molasses, honey or jam, I enjoyed the yoghurt more and found it was delicious with muesli (as I would normally consume it).  However, my mother said that she preferred eating the yoghurt as it is without any additional extras and she also found it was very appealing.
 
The yoghurt is ideal for those with intolerances towards dairy and is a perfect solution for those that observe a vegan diet.  All in all, a very nice yoghurt that can be enjoyed in its natural guise or that can be dressed up with many different foodie condiments for either breakfast, dessert or snacking during the day.
 
 
Disclosure:    This post has been written following receipt of a complimentary sample of Zero Sugar Soya yoghurt from Provamel.   This review was conducted honestly without bias and I was not required to produce a positive review.  For further details of my PR policy, please see the Press, PR & Food Writing page of this website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment