Monday, 23 June 2014

On the Go - Lizi's Granola Pouches

           

Lizi's Granola - On the Go Pouches

 
I am rather partial to granola and a while ago, I reviewed Lizi’s Granola brand which I thoroughly enjoyed.  The team at Lizi’s have identified that preparing a granola based breakfast isn’t always practical with the hustle & bustle of daily life.  So they have come up with little pouches called ‘On the Go’ which make the ritual of cereal eating a little more convenient.  So I was interested to see how it would work when I was offered the chance to sample a pouch or two which included Original and Treacle & Pecan flavours.
 
Each pouch contains a standard ‘one person’ portion size of granola which is dusted with lactose-free dried milk, a ready to make cereal that comes with a folded plastic spoon to eat it with.  All that you need to do is add cold water, mix and it is ready to eat.
 
As you may have read in my other posts, I’m not a milk fan so making up a cereal which will turn into a milky mixture isn’t to my preference.  So I decided to eat mine dry (without the added water element) and I offered my family and friends the opportunity to try the pouches with added water.
 
The consensus was that although it took a second to work out how to open the packet, adding the required amount of water was easy to do.  As with the main Lizi’s Granola bags, the pouches possessed a good mix of seeds and a nice level of sweetness with ingredients such as coconut enhancing the flavour but not overpowering it.
 
I tested mine at the weekend as I need to take some breakfast with me whilst attending the Summer Solstice event at Stonehenge.  And although I didn’t add water to it, I just ate it dry, it was a great concept, handy and a  quick way to have breakfast and easy to dispose of afterwards – really good.
 
All in all, a convenient way to enjoy granola on the move (whether that be with hydrated milk or just dry) and with the summer season in full swing, it makes an ideal solution for car journeys, camping, festivals or even to have at work if you’ve not had the chance to eat at home.
 

~~~
Disclosure:  This post was written following kind receipt of Lizi's Granola On the Go pouches samples. This review was conducted honestly without bias and I was not required to produce a positive review.  For further details of my PR policy, please see the Press, PR & Food Writing page of this website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment