Sunday, 10 March 2013

Happy Birthday Word In Veg Ways!

I can't believe it!  A year has flown by and my Word In Veg Ways blog is one year old today!  From what started as a daydream has now become an established blog with a wealth of followers and supporters joining me on my journey.

I would love to say a huge thank you to each and every person who has visited the blog, commented, joined me on Facebook, Tweeted me on Twitter, invited me to events, given me the chance to sample goods, offered me the opportunity to write for their publications, shared ideas with me or just given me a good old pat on the back - THANK YOU!


Here's to the next year and beyond and I look forward to having you on board.


Thanks to you all and Happy Birthday Word In Veg Ways!









To celebrate Word In Veg Ways Birthday I made a cake (above) which I shared with family to mark the occasion and thank them for their support too.  When thinking of what kind of cake to make, I thought it would be apt to choose a carrot cake, incorporating a vegetable element to acknowledge the blog.


One of my favourite recipes comes from the book 'Cupcakes from the Primrose Bakery' written by Martha Swift and Lisa Thomas.  Primrose Bakery is based in Primrose Hill in London and having been there and sampled their carrot cupcakes (eaten whilst taking in the vista of London from the top of the hill), I decided to buy their book.  Packed with cake and icing recipes for all seasons and occasions, it really does tempt you to get the mixing bowls out and bake.


The carrot cake recipe in the book are for multiple cupcakes but I made my version as one large cake and using their Lemon Buttercream Icing recipe to top the cake with,  I substituted the lemon juice for fresh orange juice (saved from the orange I used for the zest whilst making the cake).  


Recipes:
Carrot Cake
Buttercream Icing

For a slice of the action, take a look Primrose Bakery's website which also features the Cupcake book and details of cupcake classes.  Enjoy and happy baking!  http://www.primrose-bakery.co.uk/home 







No comments:

Post a Comment